Release Date 8/14
Published by Entangled Teen
Genre: YA Contemporary
The only thing worse than not being able to tell your best friend you’re head over heels in love with him? Having to smile and nod when he enlists your help to ensnare the girl of his dreams.
Braylen didn’t even want to go to Lennon Pryor’s epic graduation-night party, but when Fynn begs her to be his “wingwoman,” she can’t deny him. Talking up her BFF—how he’s magic behind a camera, with a killer sense of humor and eyelashes that frame the most gorgeous blue eyes in the history of forever—is easy. Supporting his efforts to woo someone so completely wrong for him? Not so much.
Fynn knows that grad night is his last shot before leaving for college to find true love. And thanks to Bray, he gets his chance with the beautiful Katy Evans. But over the course of the coolest party of their high school careers, he starts to see that perhaps what he really wants has been in front of him all along. Bray’s been his best friend since kindergarten, though, and he’d rather have her in his life as a friend than not at all.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains one epic party, complete with every high-schoolers-gone-bad shenanigan, and two best friends whose sexual chemistry is off the charts…if only they’d succumb to it.
About the Author:
Wonder Struck – Review
PBC – Spotlight Post
Becky on Books – Author Interview
folded corners & smudged screens – Review
YaReads – Top Ten Post
Just One More Chapter – Spotlight Post
RoloPoloBookBlog – Spotlight Post
Cindy’s Love of Books – Review
Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers – Spotlight Post
Up ‘Til Dawn Book Blog – Spotlight Post
Sleeps on Tables – Spotlight Post
Childishly Passionate – Review
Bookblogarama – Author Interview
Book Flame – Author Interview
Queen of All She Reads – Spotlight Post
The Book Beacon – Spotlight Post
Dana’s YA Book Pile – Spotlight Post
Ramblings From this Chick – Guest Post
Read-love-Blog – Review
Rockin’ Book Reviews – Guest Post
Mythical Books – Spotlight Post
Musings of Madjy – Review
Roxy’s Book Reviews – Spotlight Post
Tangents and Tissues – Review
A Dream Within A Dream – Spotlight Post
Never Too Many To Read – Review
Literary Chanteuse – Spotlight Post
OMGReads – Spotlight Post
Crossroad Reviews – Spotlight Post
Thanks for having me! I’m super excited to be here to talk about ten songs from the LOVE IN THE FRIEND ZONE playlist that were pivotal when writing the book! Check them out below!
- Stay by Thirty Seconds to Mars. This one is really important to the book because it is how I picture the resident rock star Lennon Pryor and his band Ignited Hearts to sound like.
- Scars to your Beautiful by Alessia Cara. I love this one because despite what Braylen has been through, Fynn is always there for her and sees her for who she is.
- Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes. I think of Braylen every time I hear this song and how heartbreaking it was to watch Fynn fight for Katy’s attention.
- I hate u/I love u by Gnash. This always reminds me of the battle between doing what is right for your best friend and listening to your own heart.
- Grigio Girls by Lady Gaga. I love this song for Friend Zone, thinking of the moments where Braylen’s girls (Zoey and Jade) are there for her when she needs them.
- Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur. I love the way this song tells a story of realizing you’re in love with someone at a party…it totally fits the tone for Braylen and Fynn!
- Pretty Girl by Maggie Lindemann. This song is explicit but I felt like it was super accurate for the frustration Braylen is dealing with while grappling with her own decisions. Every girl needs an anthem 🙂
- Can I be Him by James Arthur. Again, this one rang true with Braylen, who wishes Fynn could look at her like he does Katy…even if for just one night.
- Now or Never by Halsey. Braylen would totally rock out to Halsey and the now or never theme suits her at the grad night party. Her time is up and she has a huge choice to make. Follow her heart, or silence it 🙂
- Million Reasons by Lady Gaga. This one is simply an epic song, but I listened to it on repeat while working with Braylen’s voice. She’s witnessed so much at the grad night party that hurts her and yet she only needs one good reason to stay with Fynn…all he has to do is give it to her!
The full Grad Night series playlist can be found here on Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2wfPsCq
I’m a huge Spotify nut so I have playlists for each book I write or work on. Music helps inspire me, helps me find my character’s voices or emotions, and simply sets the tone for the scenes! I hope you found something new from the above listed or some old favorites! Thank you again for having me stop by today to celebrate LOVE IN THE FRIEND ZONE!