Hi, everyone! Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Todays topic is Top Ten Favorite TV Shows. I originally scheduled this post in either May or June, but I’ve been introduced to a lot of amazing shows over the past few months, and now I’m editing it. So what I’m going to do is list more than ten TV shows because you just can’t understand my love for TV. I’m weird, I know. There will be a top ten list and then a special shout out section at the bottom.
1. Queer as Folk (US) – If you haven’t watched this….do so! I’m team Brian and Justin 100% of the way! All 5 seasons are on Netflix. And in case you haven’t realized it yet, this is my favorite show ever. I’ve already watched all 5 seasons twice and I’m currently on my third go around.
There is currently a petition to renew QAF either as a TV show or reunion movie. You would be my best friend ever if you went and signed it. You can find that here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/641/774/746/bring-back-queer-as-folk-to-celebrat-pa-gay-marriage/
2. Shameless (US) – There’s nothing not to love about this show. It’s pretty much tied with QAF…but I had to put it second. The acting and storyline is amazing! The only downside is that there are only 12 episodes a year. It’s also a Showtime series, so if you don’t subscribe to Showtime, then you’ll have to wait until the DVD releases in December. This series is not on Netflix stream. You can get it through Netflix DVD or the first 3 seasons are available for purchase on Amazon Stream. I would recommend that you go to Walmart and buy the seasons for $15 each.
3. Scandal – All 3 seasons are on Netflix. Trust me when I say that you will binge every single episode in about a week. It is beyond addicting and sexy and hot and everything wrapped up into one amazing show. And Kerry Washington is the bomb.
4. Orphan Black – I just started watching this series this year, and it’s already in my top 4 all time favorite TV shows. Tatiana Maslany is amazing. I often forget that she’s the face of almost the entire TV show (she plays like 8 different roles) because she is so good. If you haven’t watched this, I highly recommend that you do so. It’s not on Netflix stream, but I’m sure you can get it on Netflix DVD. It’s also on Amazon Prime and, I believe, that it is also on Hulu. It is also on OnDemand.
5. You guys….I can’t BELIEVE that I didn’t put Veronica Mars on here. I just looked at someone else’s post and they had said something like they wanted to eventually watch it (shameful by the way! Everyone should have already watched V Mars.) and I was like OH MY GOD and then raced over here to add it to my list. Veronica Mars is one of the BEST TV shows. I would definitely put it above Scandal but I just tried to figure what I could move from this list and then did so. I’ve binged the series twice and have watched the movie. I also own all three seasons and the movie. LOVE. So sad it got cancelled ]= Fingers crossed for another movie!
6. The Middle – I’m not a big sitcom person, but I love The Middle. I’ve probably watched every episode at least 3-4 times. This show is funny as hell.
7. Nashville – It really upsets me when people tell me that they don’t watch this show. This is actually probably one of the best current TV shows. The music and acting are just spectacular. I even own the CD so that I can play the songs in my car. It has been renewed for a season 3 this coming Fall. I don’t know how much longer it’s going to last because, for some reason, it’s just not getting the hype that it deserves. It’s a great show, though!
8. Revenge – It got a little weird in the third season (no spoilers, I’m not finished yet!!) but this show is awesome. And if you don’t fall head over heels in love with Nolan, then something is seriously wrong with you.
9. The Goldbergs – This is another sitcom that I fell in love with this season. You will bust a gut laughing. Mrs. Goldberg is amazing!
10. Eastsiders – I was recently introduced to this indie tv show via Logo and I fell in love with it. It’s super short. I think there are like 8 or 9 episodes and they vary from seven minutes to approximately 25 minutes. For some reason, I am not able to watch this on the Logo website. I actually had to download the Logo app on my Nook and watch it that way. However, the first season will be available on DVD in August. It’s totally worth it.
Special Shout Outs:
Girls (HBO) – I literally just started watching this like the other day, so I can’t ad it on my top ten list yet. Let me be the first to say, though, that this series is AMAZING!
The United States of Tara (Showtime)
The L Word (Showtime)
True Blood (HBO)
Game of Thrones (HBO) I’m not including this on my top ten because I’m only on season 1. So don’t yell at me!
Looking (HBO) This has the potential to be on my top ten list. It probably will be after I watch season 2 in 2015.