Hey, Everyone! Welcome back! Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are discussing the Top Ten Books If You Like The Vampire Diaries. There are obviously a ton of books that I could put on this list, but I think this is a pretty solid list for VD lovers!
1. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer – This series is about werewolves, but it’s right up the same alley as VD. Really good!
2. The Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamiton – The Anita Blake series is an adult series and not totally suitable for younger people…but this is a great series! It has vampires….I think it also has werewolves and other things. Great series!
3. Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I’ve only read the first book, but I’ve heard that this series is super popular. I really liked the first book! Surprising since I haven’t continued it yet.
4. School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins – Ok…I LOVED this book. It’s a little younger than most YA books, but I adored it.
5. The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs – This is also an adult series. It has pretty much every type of supernatural being out there. I’ve reread it more than once.
6. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead – The Vampire Academy series is one of the classic YA series.
7. The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine – This series is a little different and more out there than the rest of the books I’m used to, but it’s one of my faves. You’ll definitely get your vamp fix with this series!
8. The Chicagoland Vampire series by Chloe Neill – You’ve probably heard me go on and on about this series more than once. Again, it’s an adult series, but it’s amazing.
9. Enclave by Ann Aguirre – It’s been awhile since I’ve read this book, but it has that dark feel to it that VD has. This is probably a little more intense and dystopian than VD, but I think that VD lovers will really enjoy this one!
10. The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. – I would definitely categorize this series as more MG than YA. It has vamps and quirky characters; blood and guts; drama and love. Everything that VD has. It’s a book for younger VD lovers.
There are ton more books that I could add to this list, but I think it’s pretty solid. If you like VD, you should really enjoy all of the books listed above.