As a mercenary who cleans up after magic gone wrong, Kate Daniels has seen her share of occupational hazards. Normally, waves of paranormal energy ebb and flow across Atlanta like a tide. But once every seven years, a flare comes, a time when magic runs rampant. Now Kate’s going to have to deal with problems on a much bigger scale: a divine one.
When Kate sets out to retrieve a set of stolen maps for the Pack, Atlanta’s paramilitary clan of shapeshifters, she quickly realizes much more at stake. During a flare, gods and goddesses can manifest – and battle for power. The stolen maps are only the opening gambit in an epic tug-of-war between two gods hoping for rebirth. And if Kate can’t stop the cataclysmic showdown, the city may not survive…
Oh. My. Goodness. All of the reasons that I could give you to read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews.
1) CURRAN – OMFG. He is gorgeous!
2) Kate in all her glory. One of the best female characters that I have ever read about
3) The plot. There’s no time to get bored in this series. It’s action scene after action scene. When you think that it’s settling down a bit..BAM! Another action scene
4) The romance. Curran and Kate together? Yes, please! It doesn’t happen in this book. There relationship progresses more in the 3rd and 4th book.
5) The coolness. I’ll stop here…but..it’s true. This book is amazeballs. I love it. And the paranormal aspect of it is sweet.
If I haven’t already convinced you to read this series, I don’t know what else to do. Kidnap you and hold your eyes open until you finish it? The Kate Daniels series is one of my all time favorite series. I’m in love with Ilona Andrews. If it were up to me, I’d kidnap her and make her write every single day for me. Thankfully, I can’t do that [;
This is an adult paranormal series. These types of books tend to have bigger plots and more romance than the average YA book. If you like YA High Fantasy, then I would encourage readers to read this book. Also, fans of paranormal YA should enjoy this series. They do take a bit more concentration, as lots of stuff is happening at once. But it’s a great series!
Make sure that you go read the Kate Daniels series, and let me know what you think!
Publication Date: April, 2008
Rating: [rating: 4]
Teaser Quote: “The vampire stared at me, his mouth slack as Ghastek assessed his options. I took a couple of forms from my desk, put them into the vamp’s mouth, and pulled them up by their edges.
“What are you doing?” Ghastek asked.
“My hole puncher broke.”
“You have no respect for the undead.”