I don’t normally participate in challenges, but the 15 Day Blogger Challenge over at Good Books and Good Wine caught my attention this time! If you want to participate in this challenge, April will have a sign up sheet over at Good Books and Good Wine. Here is the link to the first challenge.
Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.
1. I dog-ear my pages /= I can’t stand bookmarks.
2. If I’m reading a hardback, I always have to take the jacket off.
3. Before I became a blogger, I was massively against the concept of ARCs.
4. When reading a book, the feminist in me comes out and I’m quick to call male characters abusive.
5. I used to ONLY read adult romance books. Nora Roberts, Linda Howard, and Suzanne Brockmann were my best friends.
6.I’ve been to 2 Richelle Mead book signings and 1 Patricia Briggs signing. I ate cupcakes in line at the RM signing [=
7. Whenever I’m at Barnes & Noble, I take time to find other people books.
8. Twilight is what got me hooked to the YA genre
9. I skim books if they bug me. I never make myself suffer.
10. My bookshelf is very disorganized. The books are not arranged by size, color, title, or author. They’re all just sorta squeezed into spots.
11. My books aren’t treated the best. I’m pretty rough with them. They’ve been drenched with water from the bath, stepped on, thrown around in the car, and some unfortunate ones have met the ill fate of my cats hairballs.
12. My favorite guy NEVER wins in books. Likewise, everyone else seems to be rooting for the other guy. It’s a big disappointment with most books for me.
13. Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series is what hooked me to adult paranormal. Favorite. Series. Ever. (Including all of YA.)
14. I often feel really guilty about all the books I have to read. It’s literally almost resulted in tears before. I feel like I need to be a speed reader. No matter how much I try, though, it still takes me at least 3 days average to finish a book.
15. I have the hardest time lending out my books, selling, or donating them to the library. Even if I don’t like the book, I just want to keep it forever and ever. Fortunately, my mom makes me see sense since books are EVERYWHERE in the house!
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Now that you know my book-related confessions, what are yours? Let me know in the comments section! And make sure to come back tomorrow to learn about my bedtime reading ritual!