Welcome to Gardnerville.
A place where no one gets sick. And no one ever dies.
There’s a price to pay for paradise. Every fourth year, the strange power that fuels the town exacts its payment by infecting teens with deadly urges. In a normal year in Gardnerville, teens might stop talking to their best friends. In a fourth year, they’d kill them.
Four years ago, Skylar’s sister, Piper, was locked away after leading sixteen of her classmates to a watery grave. Since then, Skylar has lived in a numb haze, struggling to forget her past and dull the pain of losing her sister. But the secrets and memories Piper left behind keep taunting Skylar—whispering that the only way to get her sister back is to stop Gardnerville’s murderous cycle once and for all.
About the Author:
Kate Karyus Quinn is an avid reader and menthol chapstick addict. She has lived in California and Tennessee, but recently made the move back to her hometown of Buffalo, New York, with her husband and two children in tow. She promised them wonderful people, amazing food, and weather that would… build character. Another Little Piece is her first novel.
1. I am not a morning person.
2. Sometimes I have trouble being serious when I’m supposed to be.
3. I have a little sugar problem. As in, I like it way too much and sometimes go overboard.
4. I drink an insane amount of tea.
5. In college my friends and I became obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That show (and all of Joss Whedon’s work) has been a huge influence of mine.
6. Seriously, a huge Joss Whedon fan.
7. No, really. I’m a little obsessive about the whole Joss Whedon thing.
8. I sleep with a nightlight, cause I’m afraid of the dark.
9. In fact, despite writing books that are sort of dark and scary, I am a huge chicken.
10. And finally, I know GIF is supposed to be pronounced like the peanut butter, JIF.
But I REFUSE to say it that way. I’m a hard G all the way.
Because that way GIFs are G-g–g-g-great!
But really, I’m not looking for a fight here. No matter how you pronounce it, I think we can all agree that everything is better with GIF’s! So come on!
And all just get along!
LOL. I loved setting up this post. Thanks for stopping by, Kate!