This end of the year survey is hosted by Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Turner. We’ve participated almost every single year, and we’re so excited to participate again this year! Take a look below!
Number Of Books You Read: 20 /= I really didn’t start reading until I quit my job in August.
Number of Re-Reads: 0. I don’t re-read books very often.
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult. I was on a mission for the sexy times scenes!
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I’m looking at my Goodreads list, and I’m having a very hard time choosing, especially since I read a couple of these books almost a year ago. I THINK that I probably have to choose The Sorcerer Heir by Cinda Williams Chima.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I was really excited for Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong (my favorite author,) but I ended up DNFing it. It was devastating!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh. I wasn’t expecting to love this series so much!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I really haven’t had this opportunity this year!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
The Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Randi Cooley Wilson! I’m super excited that I read her series!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn’t really read anything outside of my comfort zone. I pretty much read 2 genres all year. I want to read a lot more YA contemporaries in 2016!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Otherworld Nights by Kelley Armstrong! (She’s the only author that I re-read)
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Deal by Elle Kennedy. Yum for six pack abs!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
ASHER from The Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson! It’s all about ASHER!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Gahhhh….I’m not sure!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I didn’t really read anything like this in 2015!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
The Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson! I waited until they were all released on purpose, though!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I am the WRONG person to ask this question!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: Darkest Dawn by Katlyn Duncan (175 pages)
Longest: The Sorcerer Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (548 pages.)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Honestly, every single book in the Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson had such a HUGE cliffhanger!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Asher and Eve!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I didn’t read any non-romantic books.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson! My tour hosts have been going crazy over this series!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
This is funny, because I host the Debut Authors Bash every year, but I don’t think I read any debuts in 2015….
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Oh gosh…..probably the Psy world that Nalini Singh created!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I’m not really sure!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I don’t often cry in books! Usually when I do, they’re amazing contemporary books…..and I didn’t read any contemps this year!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Playing with Fire by Alison Bliss. I’m so excited that I found this author!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Again….I didn’t really experience this.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I hated it….but Complicate Me by M Robinson.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Complicate Me by M. Robinson. It started out SO GOOD, but so many wrong things happened in this book!
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I didn’t really spend much time on other blogs ]= I didn’t start getting more active until late August/early September.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Oh lord…..I don’t know!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
mmmm….not many of these! I know, I’m boring! Next year will be better!!!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
The 2015 Debut Authors Bash!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Hahaha…..talking to Veronica Roth!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Trying to balance it with work and school
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I have no idea.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Mmmm….I always wish for more love!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I thought it was really cool to learn about the Amazon book store in Seattle!!!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my GR challenge!!!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas! My secret Santa got it for me!!!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
I have a Kelley Armstrong and Elle Kennedy book coming out in January that I’m so excited for!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
All of them!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
I’m really excited for the new Elle Kennedy book!!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Read more & post more! I promise I’ll be a lot more active! I always want to read at least 50 books!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Thicker than Water by Brigid Kemmerer!